- Collect seniors' life stories that experienced the Second World War in Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy and Poland and create a common platform for sharing their experiences.
- Examine how the Second World War is commemorated in Dresden, Thessaloniki, Kistarcsa, Bologna and Wrocław.
- Promote intergenerational dialogue where young people collect memories of seniors who experienced the Second World War.
- Examine how collective memories can achieve a mutual understanding among the different nations in Europe.
- Enhance awareness of our common history and reflect on the values of living in a peaceful Europe.
- Learn about the role of the Second World War in the national identity-shaping process.
- Raise awareness on the aftermath of the Second World War, such as the fear of the ‘other’, social exclusion and stereotyping.